Randomised double blind study on treatment in acute phase: Stabil-D vs TCC
2010 - Published in Diabetes Care - http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/33/7/1419.abstract?sid=66b001ae-c174-4424-b6be-6cbb326430b5
AIM OF THE STUDY Evaluate the efficacy of removable cast walker compared with the Gold Standard nonremovable offloading cast in the treatment of diabetic plantar foot ulcer.
CONCLUSIONS The STABIL-D cast walker, although removable was equivalent in efficacy to the TCC in terms of ulcer size reduction and total healing rate. The easier us of Stabil-D may help increase the use of off-loading devices in the management of plantar neuropathic diabetic foot ulcers.
Clinical trial link: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01005264?term=stabil-d&rank=1
- Tibiotarsal, subastragaloid arthrodesis
- Charcot foot
- Corrective distal osteotomy
- Cancaneal fractures
- Mid foot and forefoot ulcers
- Comparable to Gold Standard TCI's
- Modus insole or 8° degree ngative insole option (extra cost)
- Removeable 15mm EVA insole allows for custom made insole
There are no reviews yet.